This recipe has been an absolute favorite in my house since discovering it a few years ago. My husband has banned me from using any other recipe when making chicken tenders, “Why fix what isn’t broken?” Some of you may already be using it as it lives on the back of Bisquick boxes. 🙂 It did, however, take me the better part of my life to notice it so I figured there are others out there who haven’t yet tasted the deliciousness of these little wonders. Possibly the best part is how easy they are to make! First things first, gather your ingredients!
Doesn’t take much and yes, I shop at Aldi, I LOVE Aldi. Anyway, back to the chicken… first you mix all the dry ingredients in ziploc bag, I used this other bag I had leftover from some pre-baked pizza crusts. Then you dip the chicken in a beaten egg, put it into the bag and give it a good shake. I just make sure it’s well coated before I pull it out.
I put them on a greased cookie sheet and then pour about 2 tbsp of melted butter over them before baking. This is probably optional but I believe it gives them the ‘crispy’ texture. I haven’t tried skipping the butter but let me know if you do and have good results!
All that’s left is to get them into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes at 450 degrees and you’re all set! I never seem to make enough of these, even my ‘won’t eat anything’ toddler inhales them. Best of all, they’re really quick and easy making them perfect for a week night!
Ultimate Chicken Fingers (Bisquick recipe)
2/3 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Heat oven to 450ºF. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix Bisquick mix, cheese, salt and paprika in 1-gallon resealable plastic food-storage bag. Dip half the chicken strips into egg; place in bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle butter over chicken.
3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.
And for the side, the green beans with almonds. To be honest, they are all my mother-in-law. She makes these all the time and my kids love them so I added a little butter (because I love it) and some seasoning and came up with these little beauties…
Green Beans with Almonds
1 bag of your favorite frozen green beans
1 tbsp butter/margarine
Almond Accents (I use the regular roasted ones) add as much as your family would like, we like a lot 🙂
garlic salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook green beans as directed on the package (I steam mine)
2. Add butter and cover to allow the butter to melt
3. Season with garlic salt and pepper and add almonds.
4. Stir everything together and cover again allowing the almonds to soften a bit.
That’s it! Every time these are offered my kids eat them all first and ask for more before I even get seated. If you’re looking for a way to sneak something green into their diet these may be worth a shot!
You can also find the recipe for the chicken here or on the back of your Bisquick box. 🙂 Happy cooking!