Tonight’s post was to be about the onesie I am making for Baby E for her father’s upcoming 25th birthday. However, today was also the day that I shampooed all of my carpets and area rugs (stairs included) and by the time I looked at the clock it was far too late to do a post on that. SO! Tonight I’m going to kind of repost a recipe that I love very much – cheesecake! I had previously posted this on my own personal blog (which has since disappeared) and the pictures make me miss my North Carolina home. At any rate – enjoy!
I love dessert. It’s my thing. My hips? Not so much.
For many years I searched high and low for the best cheesecake recipe. I love Juniors’ recipes – they’re all pretty solid. But what I wanted was that thick, dense, New York cheesecake. No special flavors or anything – with the standard graham cracker crust. I want it good enough on it’s own, but fantastic when smothered in raspberry sauce.
Enter Martha Stewart’s recipe (here). Scroll for some pictures and at the bottom I’ll leave you some cheesecake baking tips!
1) Use all room temperature ingredients – or you will have lumps!
2) Mix, mix, mix, MIX. And mix some more.
3) WATERBATH. But the trick to your water bath is to boil the water first and then put it in the pan. (I cover my springform with aluminum foil – as you should) Place in roaster or deep pan and gently pour the boiling water into the pan. Then place in your oven.
4) I do NOT cool in my oven. You can do this if you prefer but I have never had an issue with cracking when I cool it out of the oven.
5) Raspberry. Just pour it all over the top.
Make this cheesecake!